Please fill out the 2020 registration form by clicking here.
U15 & Cadet National Championships
Saturday 25th April, Sunday 26th April and Monday 27th April
Anzac Day: Saturday 25th April
- 1pm U15 Men’s & Women’s Foil
- 4pm Men’s & Women’s Sabre
- Sabre will be fenced mixed age group ie: U15 & Cadet combined. Men’s and women’s sabre will be fenced separately
Sunday 26th April
- 8:15am Cadet Men’s Foil Registration Opens
- 8:30am Cadet Men’s Foil Registration Closes
- 9am Cadet Men’s Foil
- 8:45am Cadet Women’s Epee Registration Opens
- 9am Cadet Women’s Epee Registration Closes
- 9:30am Cadet Women’s Epee
- 1pm U15 Men’s & Women’s Epee*
- * Event will start after Cadet Women’s Epee finishes
Monday 27th April
- 8:15am Cadet Men’s Epee Registration Opens
- 8:30am Cadet Men’s Epee Registration Closes
- 9am Cadet Men’s Epee
- 10:15am Cadet Women’s Foil Registration Opens
- 10:30am Cadet Women’s Foil Registration Closes
- 11am Cadet Women’s Foil
North Island Championship
15th August, Sunday 16th August
Saturday 15th August
- 8:15am Men’s Foil Registration Opens
- 8:30am Men’s Foil Registration Closes
- 9am Men’s Foil
- 10:15am Women’s Epee Registration Opens
- 10:30pm Women’s Epee Registration Closes
- 11am Women’s Epee
- 1:30pm Sabre & Veteran Foil Registration Opens
- 3pm Men’s & Women’s Sabre*
- 3pm Veteran Foil*
- * Event will start after Men’s Foil is finished.
Sunday 16th August
- 8:15am Men’s Epee Registration Opens
- 8:30am Men’s Epee Registration Closes
- 9am Men’s Epee
- 10:15am Women’s Foil Registration Opens
- 10:30pm Women’s Foil Registration Closes
- 11am Women’s Foil
Further information is still to come so stay tuned for enrollment forms and extra information.
Time to Get Your Masks On and Swords Out!
Another great year last year, and so we are moving into much larger premises, well done all! We will be fencing on a full basketball court, at St Bernard’s College, Waterloo Road Lower Hutt:
First night fencing:
Monday 3rd of February
St Bernards Gym: QWR9+98 Lower Hutt
The gym is down the back right of the school grounds
Drop off and parking on Waterloo Road; can be found at the main entrance to St Bernard’s College on Waterloo Road, or drop off at the school end of Anderson Grove.
- Juniors 7:00pm, finishing at 8:00pm on Monday and Thursday
- Adult Beginners 6:45pm, finishing at 7:45pm on Wednesday
- Seniors 6:45 and finish at 9:00 on Monday, Wednesday and Thursday
- Conditioning training which is an extra cost is being finalised
- Please refer to our session times or click here for a break down of times
For individual lessons, please contact your coach to arrange.
We welcome and encourage parents and caregivers to regularly come in and to take an active part in their athletes progress.
Hiring of equipment for term 1 2020
For those fencers requiring hired equipment for the new season or wish to renew the equipment they have from last year please contact the following people:
|Una Johnson||022 091 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Michael Wong||021 269 email@example.com|
If you wish to return last years equipment please contact us as soon as possible. Accounts will be sent out to members that do not renew their hireage or return their hired equipment from 2019, this is so replacements equipment can be purchased.
So If you do not intend on fencing this year and have club gear, please organise to return said gear as soon as possible!
See You on the Piste!
ATTENTION ALL HVFC MEMBERS!
There is going to be a bowling night this Tuesday from 6pm – 8pm.
This means that there is going to be no regular classes on this Tuesday
The event is happening on Tuesday the 26th of November at Strike Bowling in Petone.
Please be at Strike by 6pm to organise shoes and lanes so that bowling can begin promptly at 6.30pm.
$35 per adult – Includes food and a cocktail/beverage
$30 per Child (17 and under) – Includes food
The Hutt Valley Fencing Club Team all looks forward to seeing you there!
Please fill out the form if you attend to participate or come as we need to get an idea of numbers for food and number of lanes.
Victoria University of Wellington Swords Club invites you to attend the 2019 Friendly Foil, Epee and Sabre Competition on 1st December.
The competition will be held at Victoria University of Wellington Recreation Centre, Kelburn Parade. Entries are due by 25th November.
|Mixed Foil||1st of December 19||9.30am||10am|
|Mixed Epee||1st of December 19||1pm||1.30pm|
|Mixed Sabre||1st of December 19||4pm||4.30pm|
Entry is $30.00 for one weapon or $40.00 for two or more weapons.
For full details and entry form, click here.
- Whites are to be a minimum of 350N with 800N plastron
- Blades are to be FIE, or S2000 or higher
- Clear visors will not be accepted
- lame bibs are required for foil
The fencing year is rapidly drawing to a close and the Fencing Central team is looking forward to celebrating the year’s successes.
This year the Fencing Central Awards Night will take place on Sunday 8th December at the Petone Working Men’s Club.
Please follow the link for more information and to RSVP for the event.
I need to confirm the guest numbers with the venue as soon as possible.
Final numbers are required by Monday 2nd December.
To make nominations for coaches, referees, adminstrators etc., click here.