Over the weekend, eight of our Under 11s and Under 13s competed in the Central Under 11 & 13 competition. Our results were very impressive especially with a number of our competitors starting fencing this term.
We would all like to pass on a congratulations from the club to all of those who competed and hope to see you all competing at our Baby Cham competition later next term.
Hawkes Bay Blades were planning on running the Central Opens tournament on 10th and 11th October this year. However, given the ever changing situation we find ourselves in with COVID-19 Alert Levels, it has been decided to cancel the event this year. It is with regret that we make this decision and we look forward to running this tournament next year.
It is with extreme regret that following today’s government announcement that the country will remain in Level 2 until Sunday 6th September, Fencing New Zealand must announce the NZ Secondary Schools’ Championship in Christchurch will not go ahead as scheduled.
The Fencing NZ Covid Committee continue to monitor the situation and will meet again in the next few weeks to determine whether the tournament can be rescheduled and how we will proceed with any remaining National Events this year.
Unfortunately with the government announcing the move to level 2 there have been some changes made for the fencing club.
Presidents cup has been postponed to a further date. Unfortunately, we currently don’t know when this competition is going to take place but please keep checking your emails and the website for further updates in regards to this event.
Training will continue as usual but with some caveats:
Saturday the 15/8 will be on as usual, ignore previous messages regarding its cancellation
We require all members & parents attending training sessions to sign in
Please ensure that if you are feeling unwell that you DO NOT COME TO TRAINING
Keep calm, stay safe and we look forward to seeing you at training this week.